- 1 kg kofta meat, shaped into balls
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 kg sour cherries, pitted
- 3-4 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- Farmhouse bread, medium-sized
How to Prepare
- In a non-stick saucepan, cook the kofta meatballs until seared and browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion until golden. Add garlic, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and hot water, and stir before adding cherries. Add the pomegranate molasses and simmer over medium heat until the cherries are soft and mashed.
- Return the meatballs to the pan over the cherries.Simmer over low heat for 15 mins.
- Gently slice off the top of the farmhouse bread and hollow it. Serve in the bread bowl and garnish with pine nuts and fresh mint leaves.