- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup quinoa, washed
- 100 g Feta cheese
- 50 g pine seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
How to Prepare
- Split the butternut squash into 2 equal pieces, and remove the seeds.
- Brush with vegetable oil and sprinkle oregano and salt on top.
- Place in a preheated oven and roast at 180°C for 30 mins until the flesh is soft.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add and sauté shallots until golden.
- Add 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and water and bring to a boil.
- Add washed quinoa and cook over medium heat for 15 mins until the stock is absorbed and the grains are tender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Feta cheese, pine seeds, bell peppers, olives, parsley and chives with the slightly cooled quinoa.
- Remove squash from oven and use the quinoa stuffing to fill the squash.
- Return to the oven and roast for another 10 mins.
- Dish can be served either warm or cold.