- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- 600g frozen okra, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 sliced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled and pureed
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper powder
How to Prepare
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and deep fry okra until it’s lightly golden in color. Remove okra from oil and place it in a strainer and set aside.
- Warm olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté onion until its tender. Then add garlic and coriander and stir until fragrant. Add the prepared okra, tomato, water, MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon, tomato paste and spices.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 20-25 mins or until okra is tender (add water if needed).
- Tip: This dish can be served hot or cold.