- 1 small head of cauliflower, washed and cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 small eggplants, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons Arabic spices
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs
- 4 cups hot water
- 3-4 tablespoons pine seeds, optional topping
How to Prepare
- In a deep pan, sauté cauliflower in sunflower oil until slightly golden. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, sear eggplants until slightly soft. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, arrange tomato slices on the bottom, layer eggplant over tomatoes, and pour half of the rice on top. Arrange cauliflower on top and place the cinnamon stick in the center. Sprinkle the Arabic spice mix on top and cover with the remaining rice.
- Crumble MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs over the rice and gently pour water over the rice to cover the rice fully. Cover and simmer on medium heat until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Carefully flip the contents of the pan on a serving dish. Optionally, you can also garnish the One-Pan Vegetable Maklouba with toasted pine seeds before serving.