- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 600 g lean beef, cut into 5 mm pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Kabsa Mix
- 3 cups water
- 300 g orzo pasta
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into slices
How to Prepare
- Prepare sauce by sautéing the onions in vegetable oil until soft. Add the beef cubes and continue cooking until golden.
- Add garlic, tomato paste and MAGGI® Kabsa Mix, and stir together for 2-3 mins. Add water and simmer over medium heat until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and mix with tomato sauce. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, arrange basil leaves on top and cover with tomato slices. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 mins until most of the moisture is absorbed and the tomatoes on top are cooked.