- ⅓ cup or 85 ml olive oil
- 3 large or 500 g onions, sliced
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into 1 cm cubes
- ½ cup or 30 g sumac
- 1 teaspoon or 4 g white pepper
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon dissolved in 1 cup or 250 ml hot water
- ⅔ cup or 100 g pine seeds, toasted
- 30 samboosa pastry
- 2 tablespoons or 20 g cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup or 250 ml cold water
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 190°C and place oven rack in middle position.
- In a deep frying pan, heat olive oil, add onions and sauté on medium heat until soft.
- Add chicken and sauté until it is half cooked.
- Add sumac, white pepper, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon, and toasted pine seeds. Allow to simmer until chicken is fully cooked and the mixture has changed to the color of the sumac. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place a tablespoon of the cooled filling in a samboosa pastry and roll into a triangle shape, sealing all corners using the mixture of cornstarch and water.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.