- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon
- 1 medium whole chicken, skin removed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 3 cups light yogurt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon tahini sauce
- 2-3 cups pita bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup pine seeds, toasted
How to Prepare
- In a deep pot, sauté onions in olive oil until golden. Add hot water, MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon and chicken pieces, and gently simmer over medium heat until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken from broth and remove bones.
- In the same pot, add rice to the stock and cook over medium heat until rice is fully cooked and slightly sticky.
- Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce by combining yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and tahini, and stir until smooth.
- To assemble, arrange half of the toasted bread on the bottom of a serving dish, spoon rice over top and pour yogurt sauce over rice, sprinkle remaining toasted bread over yogurt and arrange chicken pieces on top. Garnish top with parsley and toasted pine seeds before serving.