- 2 tablespoons (20 g) vegetable oil
- 1 medium (100 g) onion, finely chopped
- 400 g minced beef
- 3 cloves (15 g) garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Bouillon (Other countries)
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Seasoning (Available in Jordan and Lebanon)
- 1 medium (100 g) carrot, finely grated
- 1 pack (250 g) white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 can (400 g) crushed tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons (5 g) dried oregano
- 500 g rigatoni pasta
- 2 litres (8 cups) boiling water
- 2 cups (200 g) mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil and sauté onions until soft, add beef and sauté until brown. Add garlic, tomato paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add water and MAGGI® Powder Bouillon sachet (MAGGI® Powder Seasoning for Jordan and Lebanon), and add carrots, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, and oregano and simmer covered for 20 minutes on medium low heat until slightly thickened.
- Cook rigatoni in boiling Water until half cooked, drain water and stand half cooked pasta in a spring-form cake pan until all the pasta has covered the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon sauce over pasta insuring to fill each rigatoni with some of the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and bake in the oven until pasta is cooked and cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Remove from pan and serve on a large plate, as you would with a cake.