- 2-1/2 cup350 g All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (25 g) NIDO Full Cream Milk Powder
- 5 tbs (50 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbs (18 g) Salt
- ½ cup (150 ml) Water
- 400g King Fish Fillet, cut into 2cm cubes
- ¼ cup (50 ml) fresh Lemon Juice
- 30 g Tamer Hindi
- ¼ cup (50 ml) Hot Water
- 1 tbs (10 g) Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium (150 g) Red Onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves (30 g) Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium (300 g) Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Cubes MAGGI Chicken Stock
- ½ cup (100 ml) Hot Water
- 1 tbs (10 g) Chili Flakes
- 1 cup (50 g) fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup (50 g) Pine Seeds, roughly chopped
How to Prepare
- In a large bowl, combine Flour, Egg, NIDO Full Cream Milk Powder, Vegetable Oil and Salt. Rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gradually add water and mix to form soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine King Fish cubes with Lemon Juice and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve Tamer Hindi in 50ml of Hot water and run through a sieve to remove seeds and skins.
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a medium sauce pan, add Onions and Garlic and sauté until Onions are translucent. Add Tomatoes, Chili Flakes and MAGGI Chicken Stock, Water and Tamer Hindi Sauce and allow to simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes or until Tomatoes are
- Turn out the first piece of dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough and roll it out into a greased 30cm round oven tray.
- Carefully spread half of the tomato sauce over the top, place pieces of raw fish over the sauce discarding the lemon juice marinate, spoon over the reminder of the sauce and sprinkle over with Pine Seeds.
- Roll out the second piece of dough and place it over the pan to cover. Tightly press the edges and brush the top with the extra egg wash.
- Bake in a 170°C oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and fish is cooked.