- For the Sayadieh:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 4 cups water
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Seafood Mix
- 2 cups American rice
- 900g fish fillet with skin and bone removed
- 4-5 tablespoon toasted almond slices
- For the tahini sauce:
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium tomato cut into small cubes
How to Prepare
- In a deep pot, heat vegetable oil and saute onions until golden brown. Remove and reserve for garnish.
- Add water and MAGGI® Seafood Mix and bring to a boil. Add rice and simmer 3-5 mins until it boils.
- Place the fish pieces over rice, cover and continue cooking over medium-low heat until water is fully absorbed and rice is fork tender.
- To prepare the sauce: Combine tahini, lemon juice and water and mix until smooth. Stir in the tomato and serve next to rice and fish as a pour over sauce.
- Spoon the rice and fish on to a serving plate and garnish the Sayadieh with the reserved fried onions and toasted almond flakes with the sauce on the side.