- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions or 300g, sliced
- ½ kg lean minced lamb
- 1 small carrot or 100g, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick or 100 g, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes or 450 g, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups or 375 ml water
- 1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Less Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- For the Mashed Potato:
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Less Salt dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup or 100 g grated mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare
- Heat oil in a pan, add and cook onions over medium heat for 5 mins or until softened. Add meat and cook for 10 mins or until meat is golden brown.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for another 4 mins.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Less Salt, bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 10 mins. Stir in parsley and season with black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, peel and cook the potatoes until tender, drain and mash until smooth then stir in MAGGI®Chicken Bouillon Less Salt.
- Pour the minced meat mixture into a baking dish, then spoon the potato on top of the mixture. Spreading the potato evenly using a fork, then sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake in a 200°C hot oven for 15 – 20 mins or until the top is crispy and golden.