- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6-7 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh zaatar leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- ½ cup hot water
- 500 g ready-made shish barak
How to Prepare
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onions till translucent. Add tomatoes, chopped garlic, white pepper, half of the fresh zaatar leaves, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and water, and bring to a boil. Then simmer on low heat for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, bake the shish barak in a hot oven at 180°C for about 15 mins until they have a golden colour.
- Gently add the shish barak to the tomato sauce. Garnish with the remaining fresh zaatar leaves.
- Serve alone or on a bed of white rice.