- 1 kg kofta meat shaped into balls
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 kg sour cherries pitted
- 3 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- Medium-sized farmhouse bread
How to Prepare
- In a nonstick saucepan, cook kofta meatballs until seared and browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion until golden. Add garlic, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and hot water and stir before adding cherries. Add in the pomegranate molasses and simmer over medium heat until cherries are soft and mashed.
- Return meatballs to pan over cherries and simmer over low heat for 15 mins.
- Gently slice off the top of the farmhouse bread and hollow it. Serve in the bread bowl and garnish with pine nuts and fresh mint leaves.