- 8-10 (600g) baby zucchinis, cut into large chunks
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbs (15ml) olive oil
- 1 medium (100g) onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves (30g) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs (20g) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) hot water
- 2 cubes MAGGI Chicken Stock
- 2 cans (800g) crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 tsp (4-5g) dried basil
- 1 tsp (4-5g) all-spice
- 2 tsp (10ml) lime juice and zest from one lime
- 1 box (500g) spaghetti pasta
- 8 cups (2 ltr) water
- 2 tbs (15g) fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
How to Prepare
- Place cut zucchinis in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with vegetable oil. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes, and grill in an oven for 7 minutes on each side or until golden on the outside.
- To make tomato sauce: heat olive oil and sautÃ© onions and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, and tomato paste and sautÃ© for an additional 1 minute.
- Add hot water , MAGGI Chicken Stock, crushed tomatoes, basil and all-spice and allow to simmer on medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and zest and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain pasta, discard water, and return to empty pot.
- Add sauce to pasta and gently coat with sauce, add fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately.