- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into slices
- 2 cups or 350 g fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 600 ml skimmed milk
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 200°C and place rack on medium level.
- Combine skimmed milk and MAGGI® Béchamel mix in a deep sauce pan, stir over medium high heat until thickened.
- In a separate large saucepan, add 1 tablespoon oil, sauté onions, garlic until golden in color add spinach and sauté until fully cooked for about 8 mins or until wilted.
- Brush 1 tablespoon oil in the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange half of the onion, spinach mixture in the bottom of a baking dish, sprinkle pepper. Spread half of the béchamel sauce over onion, spinach mixture followed by half of the cheese. Repeat for a second layer ending with the remaining cheese.
- Gently place in oven and bake for 30 mins uncovered until the cheese is melted and golden on top.
- Remove from oven; let it cool for 10 mins. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.