- For rice:
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup yellow split peas, soaked for 1 hour
- 2 cups rice
- 5 cups water
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- ½ cup fried onions (optional)
- For the salsa:
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 medium green chilies (optional)
- 2 tomatoes
- 3-4 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 3-4 tablespoon vinegar
How to Prepare
- Temper cumin and mustard seeds in vegetable oil until aromatic. Add yellow peas and rice and stir for 1 minute. Add water and 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and simmer over medium-low heat until rice is fully cooked.
- To prepare salsa, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until a course sauce is formed.
- Empty rice on to a serving platter, garnish with fried onions and serve with a side of salsa.