- 800g pieces small size baby zucchinis 10
- 650g pieces long baby eggplant 10
- 100g cup Egyptian rice ½ , soaked in water for 1 hour and drained
- 200g lean minced meat (beef or lamb)
- 150g tomato or medium 1, chopped
- 60ml cup water ½
- 1 salt
- 1 cinnamon powder
- ½ ground black pepper
- 1 Arabic seven spices, ground
- 1 small pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 vegetable oil
- 500g boned lean beef shank, cut into big chunks
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Stock, crumbled
- 8 garlic, peeled
- Additional 9 cups or 2 ¼ liters water
- 5 tomato paste
How to Prepare
- Hollow baby zucchinis and eggplants. Wash both well, drain and set them aside.
- In a bowl, combine and mix rice, meat, tomato, water, salt and spices and set aside.
- Stuff baby zucchinis and eggplants with this mixture and keep 1cm empty from the top and set aside.
- Heat the oil in large pot and fry beef shanks for 5 minutes or until brown in color. Remove pot from heat. Add the whole peeled garlic and the crumbled MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes.
- Place stuffed eggplants and the baby zucchinis over the shanks side by side. Secure the top with a plate.
- Combine and mix well the water and tomato paste together. Pour over the prepared pot. Place over medium heat and bring to boil (add salt to your taste) then simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until eggplants and baby zucchinis are well cooked. Remove from
- Cooking tip: Add more water if needed during cooking
- Serving tip: serve with low fat yogurt.
- Total net weight: 3237g