- 18 small baby zucchinis
- 35 medium vine leaves
- 1¼ cups Egyptian rice soaked in water for 1 hour and drained
- 500 g minced lamb
- 1 medium tomato
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground seven spices
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 8 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Seasoning
- 10 cups water, additional quantity can be added if needed
- ½ cup lemon juice
How to Prepare
- Hollow baby zucchinis and remove extra stems from the vine leaves. Wash both well, drain and set them aside.
- In a bowl, combine and mix rice, minced lamb, tomato, butter, water, salt and spices and set in fridge for ½ hour.
- Stuff baby zucchinis with this mixture and keep 1 cm empty from the top and set aside.
- To stuff vine leaves: place leaf on a working board with the dull side and the stem facing up. Place one teaspoon of the stuffing on the lower part of the leaves, fold the outside edges towards the center and roll tightly into the shape of a finger.
- Line with 1 layer of unstuffed leaves on the bottom of a large pot, then place the rolled stuffed leaves above them alternating the direction of each layer.
- Arrange garlic cloves on top and sprinkle MAGGI® Powder Seasoning over them.
- Place stuffed baby zucchinis over the stuffed vine leaves side by side. Secure zucchinis with a plate on top.
- Add water and bring to boil (add salt to your taste), then simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until baby zucchinis are well cooked. Add lemon juice and remove from heat.