- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 600 g chicken breast, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 200 g fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI® Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI® Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional topping)
- Small bunch chopped spring onions (optional topping)
How to Prepare
- Combine flour and chili powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add chicken pieces and coat fully.
- Add oil to a large heated wok, gently add coated chicken and cook until fully cooked and golden. Then remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, add garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic. Add onions, bell peppers and pineapple and cook for 3-4 mins until vegetables are soft but not fully cooked.
- Meanwhile combine cornstarch, pineapple juice, MAGGI® Ketchup and MAGGI® Seasoning in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Slowly pour sauce over the vegetables in the wok and stir until thickened.
- Return chicken to wok and coat with sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions before serving with steamed rice.