- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 400g lean minced beef
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- 3 cups skimmed milk
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- 1 can mashed pinto beans
- 1/2 cup monterey-jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup corn chips, optional garnish
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, washed and cut into 1cm strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium hass avocado, sliced
- ½ cup black olives, drained
- ¼ cup sliced jalapeno pickles
- 12 whole wheat tortilla wrap
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 1800C and place rack on medium level.
- In a large pan, sauté onions and vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add minced beef, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and black pepper and cook until beef is fully done. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by combining skimmed milk, MAGGI® Béchamel Mix and stir over medium-high heat until slightly thick.
- Pour half the béchamel sauce into an ovenproof baking dish, spoon in beans and cooked beef on top and sprinkle cheese over beef. Pour the remaining sauce over top and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until sauce is slightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, avocado, black olives and jalapeno over the chips right before serving with tortilla wraps.