- 1400 g beef tenderloin or 1400 grams
- 2 tablespoons red vinegar or 30 grams
- ½ teaspoon cornflour or 1.5 grams, For the marination
- 2 small onions (160g)
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves (50g)
- 4 cm fresh ginger (8g)
- 1 cube MAGGI Less salt Chicken Stock, dissolved in 500ml boiling water (11g)
- 2garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (36g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (24g)
- 1 tablespoon corn oil (14g)
- Juice of 2 limes (50g)For the sweet potato ragout:
- 1 onion (125g)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (14g)
- 800g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 800g regular potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (18g)
- 1 cube MAGGI Less salt Chicken Stock (11g)
- 1 spring onion, shredded (50g)
- 1 pinch of coriander leaves for garnishing:
- 250g broccoli
- 20 onion shallots or baby onions,grilled (700g)
How to Prepare
- Clean and split the beef tenderloin into 4 long fillets. Mix all the marination ingredients in the blender then marinate the beef for 2 hours.
- Cut the onion into slices, then sautÃ© with canola oil, potato and sugar, with the MAGGI Less salt Chicken Stock. After the right done, mix with spring onion and coriander.
- Grill the meat in an oven tray for 15 minutes. Take out the meat and deglaze the tray with red vinegar. Add the chicken stock, boil to reduce by third; melt the cornflour in 2 tablespoons of cold water and add to the sauce while boiling to thicken. Strain
- Spoon the potato ragout in the center of the plate, slice the meat into a half moon shape and arrange it on top.
- Garnish with steamed broccoli and grilled whole shallots and drips of sauce around the dish.