- 2 cubes MAGGI Chicken Stock
- 2 cups (500ml) hot water
- 1000g turkey meat with bone
- 6 cups (1500ml) water
- 4 cups (650g) peeled Wheat (Harees)
- 6 cups (1500ml) cold water
- 1/3 cup (60g) fresh cream
- 3 tbs (45g) cinnamon powder
- 3 tbs (45g) granulated sugar
How to Prepare
- In a mixing bowl, soak washed peeled wheat in 6 cups of cold water for at least 4 hours, and for a maximum of over night.
- Dissolve Maggi Chicken Stock cubes in 2 cups of hot water .
- In a Harees pot, bring to boil 1500ml of water, add turkey meat, cover and simmer for 90 minutes. Skim the froth from time to time.
- Wash and drain the soaked wheat, add to the pot, cover and cook on very low heat for another 90 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Remove the turkey meat, shred into strips and discard the bones. Put the strips back in the pot, mash the mixture together insuring a consistent texture and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream and insure smoothness.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Pour the harees into a plate, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of the harees. Serve hot.