- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 medium, sliced onion or 250 g
- 2 small celery sticks peeled and finely shredded
- 2 medium or 300 g carrots finely shredded
- 2 medium or 200 g baby zucchini finely shredded
- 2 medium or 300 g green bell peppers finely shredded
- 2½ cups or 250 g white cabbage finely shredded
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 18 sheets spring roll pastry of large size
- 2 cups or 440 g vegetable oil, for deep frying
How to Prepare
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan, add and cook ginger and garlic until fragrant; then add onion and stir over medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add celery, carrot, zucchini,green bell pepper and cabbage. Stir for a few mins or until vegetables are almost tender then add MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon, white pepper and sesame oil. Stir to combine well. Remove from heat and place the mixture on a plate.
- Cut each sheet from the center into 2 triangles. Add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture on each sheet, brush its ends with egg, fold the edges and roll carefully to enclose. Repeat the same with remaining sheets.
- Before serving, fry rolls by batches in deep hot oil for few minutes or until golden brown.