- 2 cups vermicelli noodles
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 300 g chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Seasoning (Other countries)
- MAGGI® Powder Chicken Stock (for Lebanon and Jordan)
- 2 cups water
- 100 g dark raisins, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and drained
- 100 g roasted almonds, roughly ground
- ½ tsp honey
- cinnamon for the finishing touch
- coriander and parsley bouquets tied together
How to Prepare
- In a large deep-frying pan, coat noodles with vegetable oil and toast until golden. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- In the same pot, sauté onions until soft, add chicken cubes, the coriander and parsley bouquet and cook until chicken is soft and succulent. Add MAGGI® Powder Seasoning (for Lebanon and Jordan, use 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Chicken Stock).
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it along with the coriander and parsley bouquet from the casserole. Set aside.
- In the same pot, toss in the almonds and raisins. Add the honey, a couple of tablespoons of water and stir them all together.
- Return vermicelli noodles and chicken to the pan, add water and gently stir to mix all ingredients. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until vermicelli is fully cooked and the moisture is absorbed.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top.