- 10 medium or 1 kg zucchini
- ½ teaspoon or 2 g salt
- 1 tablespoon or 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium or 150 g onion, finely chopped
- 500 g minced beef
- 2 cloves or 10 g fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/3 teaspoon or 1 g cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon or 2 g black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- 3 cups or 750 ml skimmed milk
- 6 tablespoon or 60 g Parmesan cheese, grated
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 200°C and place rack on medium level.
- Wash zucchini and trim off stem and tip, split in half and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with Salt and roast in the oven for 5-10 mins until slightly golden and tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly and turn oven down to 180°C.
- In the meantime heat oil in a deep frying pan, add onions and sauté until golden, add minced meat and continue cooking until meat is cooked through, add garlic, cinnamon, and black pepper and cook for another 5 mins. Remove from heat and place the meat.
- Meanwhile prepare béchamel sauce by mixing MAGGI®Béchamel Mix into skimmed milk, bring to a boil and allow to cook for 2-3 mins until thickened.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the cooked meat, and arrange roasted zucchinis on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until cheese is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.