- 700 g low-fat lamb meat, cut into medium parts
- 3 cups Egyptian round rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon double cream
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup boiling milk for every cup of rice
How to Prepare
- Sauté onions and mastik with lamb pieces, and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the rice and milk mix.
- In a clay pot, assemble the rice and then lamb. Add pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon and cover the lamb with the remaining rice. Then add double cream on top.
- Cover and bake for 35 mins.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice with the chopped onion, pepper and nutmeg. Add 1 tablespoon of double cream and keep aside.
- In a large pot, cook the sliced onions with lamb parts in some oil.
- Add garlic. Season with cinnamon, pepper and nutmeg. Stir until the meat becomes golden brown.
- Pour the cooked meat into a large clay baking pot.
- Add the seasoned rice on top and keep aside.
- Boil the milk with water and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and pour over the rice.
- Cover the pot with foil and bake in a pre-heated oven for 45 mins.
- Remove the foil and divide the remaining double cream on top of the rice. Re-bake under the grill for 10 mins until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.